Friday, June 21, 2013

Gardening

We have been doing a little gardening lately. I know nothing about plants and typically have a black thumb, but I am enjoying gardening in our yard at the new house. It has such potential and I can see it from a design perspective. In my head the yard looks beautiful - like this house... 





Here is our house below. The front yard is full of white azaleas. It was beautiful to see this spring (and a nice surprise as we didn't know what color they would be. I like the clean look of the all white!). This iphone picture doesn't do it justice.


Here is Anne in front of some azaleas showing off my old dress. She was very proud!


More wild white azaleas. 


And here is an after pic. The azaleas in the front bed had grown too tall and "leggy". After doing some online research I decided to do some drastic pruning and this was the result. Hopefully the guy at Southern Living is right and I haven't killed them all! We also planted five new hydrangea bushes you see along the front and added some ferns. I can't wait for it to all fill in :-)


Here is one of several piles of my azalea cuttings. Yikes!


 And more after. The brown sticks are what is left of the azaleas...


 We also planted three Jasmine to climb up the columns on the side of the house. I can't wait until they make lovely flowering arches. Hopefully it won't take too long to grow...


and look like this!


Fingers crossed I can keep everything alive!

*all images not my own are taken from my Pinterest "Secret Garden" page



No comments:

Post a Comment