Thursday, May 9, 2013

One Week Birthday!



How cute are those dimples above?! 

It is hard to believe Cooper is one week old today. On one hand time is flying by, but on the other I feel like he has been here forever :-) It is weird that Anne and Bob have not met him yet though (you have to be 15 years old to be allowed in the NICU). I feel like I am living two separate lives. One where I have a newborn and then my old life where I have a 16 month old and 3 year old. My day to day with Anne and Bob has not really changed. I am still taking them to school, gymnastics, to the park, etc. - except now I am pumping round the clock and sneaking off to visit my new baby.



Cooper was snuggled up sound asleep like this when I arrived to see him today. Precious!

He is quite the wiggle worm. Physical therapy came to check on him today and he was squirming around so much they said there was no need for them to follow-up. He has been discharged from their services. Yay!

I started not feeling well today and was having several of the high blood pressure symptoms my doctor had told me to look out for. So, after feeding Cooper his afternoon bottle I went by the Doctor's office and had them check it. It was pretty high. Never a good sign when the nurse gets someone else to come double check it. They decided to up my blood pressure medicine dose and I am hopeful that will do the trick moving forward. I was feeling pretty down when I left and decided to swing back by the NICU to see Cooper one more time quickly before heading home. When I arrived the nurse told me the Doctor approved my request to start nursing him and I could do so at the next feeding. So glad I went back by! It was just the news I needed. It felt Heaven sent. I love moments like that.


Just like with my other two, nursing went as smooth as could be. I was pleasantly surprised. I figured after being only on the bottle there would be more of a transition time with Cooper. I am so glad he is a good eater!


 I love his milk coma smiles. I could just eat him up! Those dimples. sigh.


My sister-in-law had Anne for the afternoon. She loves being with her cousins! and it was a big help since I ended up being at the hospital for 8 hours total today. whew. 

Cooper was still receiving oxygen today, but I have been told they are going to take him off of it tomorrow and see how he does. Pray for no more de-saturations in his oxygen levels! Also pray that my blood pressure stays in check. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Those dimples are too much! Hooray for good reports! Keeping you all in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete